LUMPENBANGEN PIANO INSTITUTE
Welcome to the Lumpenbangen Piano Institute
What you will find on the Site:
1. Dr. Idel Dreimer has been described as an 18th Century Mind uneasily observing the human Follies of the 21st. In his Diary, Dr. Dreimer employs a style foreign to the modern ear. He also capitalizes most nouns, as was the custom in the 18th Century.
The happy, the gullible, and the optimistic use this site at their own risk. Potential readers should be warned that Dr. Dreimer is a Charter Member of the Canadian Curmudgeons and Skeptics Coalition (CCSC). The purpose of the Coalition--sometimes referred to as a Cabal-- is to promote curmudgeonly attitudes and values--such as grouchiness, gloom, skepticism and grumpiness–everywhere. It seeks to occupy, not the parks and squares of the world – but the minds of intelligent human beings in those few places where they may still be found.
The Coalition, through sites such as this one, and through the subtle introduction and promotion of neologisms such as grumpitude, gloomiferous, curmudgenous, and grouchitudinous, seeks to achieve no less than a position of world-wide dominance for the skeptical, curmudgenous mind-set.
2. The Drivel Section is written in a more contemporary style.
3. Limerick Lane consists of limerick-like satiric verse aimed primarily at well-known public figures or institutions.
5. The Observations page may be of interest to those whose eyes--whether through an acclimatization to the fashion of brevity, or from some congenital inability to comprehend an aggregation of full sentences into the long, daunting sweep of complete paragraphs--tend to glaze over after 140 characters of text. The Observations attempt to convey the essence of Dr. Dreimer’s skeptiferousness in small, easily digested chunks.
6. The titles of other pages should require no further explanation.